Valentine’s is COMING!!! Eat it up!! (Just like these Valentine’s Babies!)
It’s almost here!! And I’m soo excited! One more day to SHOW our LOVE in SO MaNy DiffeRenT ways!
I love remembering the 5 love languages on a holiday like this! A little checklist to be certain my family can FEEL my love in extra special doses because LOVE is sooo worth CELEBRATING!!!!
My Love Language Check List for Valentine’s Day!:
1. Time – check! I’ve set a few hours aside just to do a couple great activities with my girls that morning (time for my son is a handwritten letter and a small package this year!) Mike and I are taking time to go on a little getaway for Valentine’s day – hurray!
2. Service– planning on decorating the dining room the night before for the LOVE-breakfast I am making the children this year! ( The children have school off!- Usually I find my service of the day is to straighten and beautify their rooms quickly as I lay fun surprises on their beds for them to ‘discover’ after school.)
3. Gifts- check! Just a few fun little things adds this extra splash of LOVE to their day! This is one of my favorite areas to give and receive love, it’s just sooo much fun! (Just remember to show real love by keeping it in the family budget too!)
4. Touch – maybe I will have give my girls their favorite ‘a back scratch’!- as I tuck them in at night! Hugs, snuggles, and tickles throughout the day! LOTS of kisses for my husband of course! 😉
5. Talk – OK, I will heed the advice my husband gave the women at church a couple weeks ago – when it comes to strengthening your relationships with your husband and children – JUST LISTEN! I now vow to LISTEN alllll day on Valentine’s day!
OK, I’m ready! You too?!!
Please share just what you DO to show LOVE on Valentine’s Day and the while year through!!
P.S. It’s been sooo cold here we’ve been building a lot of fires in our fireplace this winter! Have any of you tried starting a fire lately?? Let me tell you from experience, it is a LOT harder than it looks! I’ve had several failed attempts but I’m slowly learning. Remember it is like that in our relationships too- if we want to build a warm, glowing, wonderful fire (build LOVE) it takes a lot of tries to learn how to ‘kindle’ love in your spouse and children. Persistent efforts usually do pay off, if not find yourself some ‘firestarters’ to make the lighting up hearts easier! Date nights are great that way! With husband or children, one on one special time, doing something they love to do just for them really helps warm love get going! Having a great family home evening always is like putting another log on the fire- keeps love burning bright, praying together- the best source of LOVE is the Lord of course, He is the source of Love and will teach you how to build warm glowing love AND how to keep it burning bright!
So CELEBRATE LOVE in your FAMILY this Valentine’s Day!!